What SEO Firms will not tell you?
The two most important areas that most SEO firms don’t properly assess for clients which impacts long-term ROI for site traffic are as follows:
- Why ranking 10 to 20 keywords for a client has limited value for most clients (number of keywords)!
- What keywords are selected to promote the site matters (volume)!
Both these topics are discussed below for you to understand this and make sure the SEO firm you select will deliver the right results for your needs.
Ranking 10 to 20 keywords by SEO firms hurting you
It used to make sense in the recent past to rank only 10 to 20 keywords for a clients website — but with the introduction of Google Local Maps being placed on top of Organic Search Results on page 1 and/or blending Maps into page 1 — the overall ranking for high volume, high traffic organic SEO keywords has dropped. Therefore, those clients who had 10 to 20 keywords ranked on page 1 of Google, Yahoo and Bing has seen the number of leads and sales drop by as much as 70% — this is directly related to the introduction of Google Local Maps into page 1 and many other ongoing changes to page 1 and page 2 will continue to impact ROI when only a couple of keywords are being ranked.
At Peer365 SEO we anticipate more changes are coming thus we are able to provide our clients 50 to 100+ keywords ranked on page 1 of Google, Yahoo and Bing. This ensures that our clients continue to see a solid ROI from SEO services because a large saturation of keyword phrases brings them leads and sales.
Additionally, included in our organic SEO services — we include 5 to 10 local maps keywords.
High Volume Keyword Phrases
Higher volume keywords with large amounts of volume and traffic are often too difficult to rank and it takes more than 6 months for every 100,000 unique pages of content to climb.
What does this mean?
- Go to Google and type in “SEO” and press search. Make sure you place the open quotes and close quotes (” “) — this tells Google that you are looking for UNIQUE pages on the Internet that has the keyword “SEO” — results right below the search box would say something like: About 745,000,000 results (0.12 seconds)
- Do the search again with “SEO Houston” and press search — results: About 75,600 results (0.18 seconds)
- One more search with “Houston SEO” and press search — results: About 129,000 results (0.23 seconds)
How does this impact the decisions made to select the right keywords?
- Its important to select the right keywords which delivers the quality site traffic for leads and sales
- Its important to select the right volume of pages and site traffic volumes
- Don’t go after national keywords unless you want national traffic — focus on local, regional, state focused keywords based on your business
- Its important to go after a large number of keywords